Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Us!

It's hard to believe that the six of us have been blogging here at Out of the Ordinary for a whole year. It has gone by so quickly. I think we all rather forgot about September being the anniversary until one of us brought it up.

It has been a great year for blogging for us. We have enjoyed working together, and it's always been particularly edifying for me when our posts seem to dovetail together despite the fact that we generally don't check with each other about what we're writing. The month of August was one of my personal favourites, because I was introduced to new writers that caused me to add to the always growing "wish list" of books. I'm pretty sure the other ladies feel the same.

We are grateful to anyone who has read and shown an interest in what we're doing here. The comments have almost always been favourable.  Just knowing someone has been encouraged is a blessing to us, because above all, we want to encourage. I, myself, have been encouraged by the writings of my fellow bloggers, and I'm thankful daily to have their input into my life.

In this past year, the post with the most views was Six Books of Theology Every Christian Woman Should Read. Imagine our surprise when it was even picked up at the Gospel Coalition.  That was pretty exciting. This created for us, the perfect way to celebrate our one year anniversary.

As a thank you to our readers, we are offering a giveaway of all six of these books.  One lucky individual will receive all six theology books every Christian woman should read. Below you will find a form to fill out to enter. We will announce the winner on September 16th. Entrants must live in the United States or Canada.

Be on the lookout next week for another giveaway!

On behalf of all of us, thank you to those who have liked our Facebook page, followed our Twitter links to this page, or subscribed to this blog. We are blessed by the warm reception we have been given. Thank you all!

*This giveaway is now closed.*

6 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for the past year of Out of the Ordinary. Grateful for each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Happy anniversary to you all! God is always so good! May the Lord continue to bless and keep you all in His wonderful love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Your writing together as a team is a sweet addition to this internet world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! But I can't believe it's been a year already!! What a blessing each of you are to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I have enjoyed reading your blog, saving some to read again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I do enjoy reading your blog even though I don't post much on this. Keep on writing that keep on pointing us to Christ all the more.

    ReplyDelete